[LINK] Vista: Why you shouldn't upgrade yet

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Jan 29 11:18:30 AEDT 2007

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> Glen Turner wrote:
[snip]

>> What will be much more trouble is the new Office -- new
>> interface, new file formats, nasty links into Sharepoint.
>> It's not at all clear what the best way to deploy that
>> is.
>
> My gut says that the reaction will be: "We've already got Office and she
> ain't broke so we ain't gonna fix it."  I don't think Office 2007 will
> get installed corporately until the same timetable for Vista.

I see sharepoint as being a long sought after collaboration environment
that ships with small business server, those who have SBS and need
collaboration will jump at the chance of upgrading to the new office in
order to take advantage of this functionality.  It is compelling for
this purpose.

cheers
brenda

--