[LINK] The net according to Cerf (at Davos)

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 29 23:23:27 AEDT 2007

> Regarding point (c), a respected judge in Canada reviewed the Canadian
>> Criminal
>> Code back in the 1970's (or so) and found it could be reduced easily to
>> 1/10th
>> of its current size. It would take a lot of will and a lot of rewriting
>> to do so.
>> Why for example is there a law outlawing the pilfering of lobster from
>> lobster
>> traps?

I've forgotten who it was, but some prominent writer once apologised for the
length of his letter saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't have the time to write a
short one."  Which, as every write knows, is the problem.

I bet it took that judge weeks to reduce the code size.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia