[LINK] Bank services

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 3 04:28:03 AEST 2007

Perhaps old news for some Linkers, but, "Which Bank" is still calling
these new services. One well remembers Linkers suggesting SMS approval
for bank account withdrawals just last year. Perhaps Link's influence?

Quote from websites:

1. As a NetBank customer, you can enjoy the added security and
convenience of our free NetCode SMS service. A 'NetCode' is a one-off
password you can have sent to your mobile phone as an SMS to authorise
certain NetBank transactions. To take advantage of this new service, view
our demonstration.. <www.commbank.com.au/netbank/netcodesms/flash.htm>

2. Alternatively, we offer a security token which is a small electronic
device that also delivers a NetCode ..

3.  Doctors etc can now, "Offer your patients (Medicare) rebates to their
nominated bank account when they settle their accounts, (at the surgery)
saving them time by not having to visit a Medicare office to receive
their rebates.. In three easy steps you can process claims for bulk bill
claims, paid patient, or unpaid patient claims using your EFTPOS
terminal."

That is, patients swipe their 'Medicare Card' through the doctor's EFTPOS
machine, and the Medicare claim is processed by Medicare and sent to the
patient's nominated bank account on the spot.
--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server