[LINK] Vista - the data gatherer

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Jul 3 12:41:53 AEST 2007

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml
> Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.

Sounds like the market is ripe for a Microsoft Data Harvesting Blocker. Should
be fairly easy to implement -- block all snoops that are sent to Redmond.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
      -- George W Bush, Washington DC, 20040805 (http://www.dubyaspeak.com/)