[LINK] How far the fibre? +

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Jul 3 15:01:34 AEST 2007

Geoffrey Ramadan wrote:
> Kal for what's it worth I am with you on this.
>
> In the past Cities have grown, as this is where jobs, production and
> businesses are.
>
> The future will be about where the broadband connection is.
>
> Broadband should now be considered an "essential" infrastructure
> service, just like, water and power.

I learnt of a little bit of administrivia, related to water, recently.

Some of you will recall the drama a little while back about the people of
Toowoomba voting on drinking recycled sewerage.

Well apparently, the building regulations, in Toowoomba, say you can use the
water in your rainwater tank for every household use (ie drinking water) except,
toilet sisterns have to be connected to the town water supply.

Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au
Phone: 0414 869202