[LINK] Telstra Message bank intercepting calls

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Jul 13 14:27:50 AEST 2007

At 01:38 PM 13/07/2007, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>I have now had two reports from "elderly", not stupid, people having problems
>with Telstra Message bank/101...and I suspect a third may emerge, as this
>particular person said they were signing upto "broadband".
>
>It seems Message bank starts taking calls 72 hours before the
>intended recipient can pick up the call.

Hey?  Message Bank takes your calls 72 hour before your phone rings??

>Wonder what recourse these people have.

Discontinue the service and turn it off.  Simple.  I don't use
external voice mail systems - EVER.

My phone either rings out if I don't want to answer it, or it's busy
if I'm using it.  Or as mine is a mobile, its' switched off when I
don't want to be bothered.