[LINK] I did my duty - and reported spam

sylvano sylvano at gnomon.com.au
Tue Jul 24 06:47:13 AEST 2007

Gday Linkers

My first ever spam from a registered political party!
Woo hoo!

I did my duty and used the ACMA online (unregistered
user access) facility to the Spam reporting page,
after having received an unsolicited email from the
Citizens' Electoral Council (CEC) about their views,
reactions and otherwise of the ABC's broadcast of the
warming swindle and follow debate.

The CEC advises the recipient that Schedule 1 of the
Act let's them spam people, but of course the Act says,
"Unsolicited commercial electronic messages must not be
sent" where an email from a registered political party
is a commerical electronic message.

 ACMA - Spam reporting page.
 http://submit.spam.acma.gov.au/acma_submit.cgi

 SPAM Act 2003
 http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/sa200366/

It was sent to three email addresses that are forwarded
to my main account.

Sylvano

--
 What next for computer games?