[LINK] Blackle: turn Google black to save the planet

Sylvano info at gnomon.com.au
Thu Jul 26 10:03:17 AEST 2007

> On 26/07/07, Stilgherrian <stil at stilgherrian.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > Currently Blackle's home page says "113,834.304 Watt hours saved. Two things
> > strike me here.
> >
> >   * 113kWh isn't much electricity. That's one server with a 500W power
> >     supply running for about 10 days -- or a fortnight, say, because it
> >     probably isn't fully loaded.

Or the hourly impact of about 450 homes upgrading their largish CRT TV to a large home plasma TV.  Swings and round abouts I suppose ;-) ....

Refer:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/home-theatre/plasma-tvs-eat-into-energy-savings/2007/06/29/1182624171396.html
  or
http://tinyurl.com/yp29d8

The ACF Green Home campaigner Clare Donovan said a 68-centimetre cathode TV consumed 98 watts of energy costing, on average, 1.18 cents an hour. That compared with 214 watts and 2.6 cents an hour for a 100-centimetre LCD TV, and 350 watts at 4.2 cents an hour, on average, for a 106-centimetre plasma screen. - SMH 30th June 2007.

regards
Sylvano

 What do we want from computer games? - Gnomon Publishing
 http://www.gnomon.com.au/cgi/svy/survey.pl?sc=CompGames