[LINK] Bracks resigns

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Jul 27 13:13:31 AEST 2007

At 11:03 +1000 27/7/07, Jan Whitaker wrote:
>For those not hearing radio or TV, Steve Bracks has resigned as
>Premier and from politics in Victoria.

And Brumby is Brack's nominee as the next Premier.

In 1986, he debated Graham Greenleaf and myself on ABC radio on the
Australia Card Bill.

He didn't have a clue.  He kept saying the things he'd been told to
say, and between us we kept pointing him to the relevant section of
the Bill, which made clear that we he'd said was simply untrue, or
even downright false.

It would have helped if he'd seen it as part of his job to know what
the Bill contained;  but he was an apparatchik who'd been given the
responsibility of getting the Bill through Caucus.

Can a lackey mature into a leader?

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong