.sigs (Was Re: [LINK] surface)

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Jun 1 16:52:18 AEST 2007

At 02:50 PM 1/06/2007, COLLETT Martin wrote:
>Adam,
>
>Your facts and figures are interesting; however, I am sure Government
>really doesn't give a hoot about them.

Yep, because no one cares about money when they

a) don't see it in cash in their hands and have to art with it
b) it's not theirs
c) they can blame someone else for the expenditure
d) money? What money?  It's just a budget on paper.

>Surely your own experiences will account for this.

You know me well :)

>Regardless of whether you are passionate about the extra characters sent
>(or not), the government feels it has an obligation to protect itself
>from everything (and in some cases nothing).

Yes, don't I know that.  Like telling a judge to make a decision that
Subpoena's can not be served on strangers to proceedings in order to
avoid producing materials that would have them guilty of corruption,
conspiracy and terrorism.  But that's the NSW State Government for you.

Or kidnapping a child because it's being breast fed and accuse the
parents of reading parenting books - mind you the people who made the
decision to kidnap the child had only finished their uni degree
(that's parenting books) and had no children of their own.  Hmmm.

I guess "kids" don't like parents and will do anything to "get back
at them" even if they ren't their own!  Justafiable unlawful behaviour!

>It is all about the governance regulation imparted as part of the
>journey of learning and the paranoia of government institutions.

Paranoia?  If Government agencies just did the right thing and
stopped trying to cover their rears with facards to hide the truth
and the fact that they are run by people who will inevitably make
mistakes because that's human nature, and then did something to FIX
the problem, problems wouldn't exist.

Did you know, that if Government were to immediately offer
compensation for a wrong doing, as part of it's protocol for
reparations, it would set a benchmark MAXIMUM amount of compensation
payable for injury.

There would be no basis in law to seek higher damages.  Sadly
Government doesn't see it that way and ends up forking out hundreds
of times more in damages for causing more damage by avoiding
reparations to the original damages!

Disclaimers in 1416 characters signatures don't vitiate the law!

>Equally, some may indicate that your own impact on the number of
>characters imparted within emails to be excessive, costly and, in some
>case, inappropriate.

Maybe.  But at least it's useful and within the objectives of the
discussion.  A 1416 character disclaimer isn't adding to the
discussion, especially when the disclaimer says the content is
confidential, yet the material is posted to a broadcast!

>Perhaps this is just another calculation made, based upon assumption
>and ill-informed telecommunication rates (or maybe not!).

Well the Telecommunications rates are correct - for some people.  The
costs obviously vary.  Some charge as high as $3.10 per
megabyte!  Some people have capped plans.  I took the average.  It
seemed more average.

>Anyway; in respect of lessons learnt: Regarding your financial matters,
>these should be kept private and not aired amongst the group; no-one
>should be concerned by your financial status - it does not make you all
>less of a person (does it?).

That depends.  The reason I am in receipt of a pension should be
questioned at great length.  After all, you the tax payer are paying me!

However in questioning the reason, one has to find a solution to the cause.

My point is made :)

In fact you made it by saying that Government is desirous of
protecting itself, so by preventing me from working, and putting me
on a pension, it succeeds at a cost.

>At the same time, I am also sure that your
>children will be well educated regardless of your level of income - this
>is a reflection of the type of person you appear to be.

They sure are being well educated.  They know that Police are
bad.  Government employees are more often than not liars, and Courts
are corrupt.

I didn't need to tell them that, they worked that out for
themselves.  And when a 9 year old says things that as adults we over
look, you know their educaiton is well advanced!