[LINK] seen on a list [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Jun 5 15:01:31 AEST 2007

Hi Jan,

On 05/06/2007, at 12:06 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> Hillarious!
>
> ipaustralia.gov.au
>
> Sorry, Carl. <shaking head>

heh.  No apologies needed.  I fought that one as well recommending
that we adopt "ip.gov.au" when we changed from "aipo.gov.au", however
our marketing area decided the branding wasn't strong enough with
that domain and we (ie the IT area) were officially directed to go
with ipaustralia.gov.au.

So our email became <firstname>.<lastname>@ipaustralia.gov.au which
doesn't fit on the standard business card if you have more than about
15 characters in your name.

<sigh>

Carl.