[LINK] Q re VoIP phones, RF phones and ADSL

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Jun 11 11:53:02 AEST 2007

Link brain,
I'm considering VoIP phones as a replacement for my dying analogue
handsets. Skype is coming out with a very attractive service of
$.06/call in Australia, and $.027/min for o/s and mobile calls for
$3.20/mo. (don't quote me on those prices).

I have a wireless network off my ADSL modem. Is there any real
possibility of interference if I install two Skype phones where one
is a base station and the second a wireless back to that base station
(assuming there is such a thing).

Second, do DECT phones interfere with wireless LANs, or vice versa?

all my phone lines have filters.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005