[LINK] Email Obfuscation Helps Spammers: Google returns 27 million results for "* at * dot com"

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Mon Jun 18 15:14:21 AEST 2007

On 2007/Jun/18, at 12:16 AM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> But what I don't understand is the multiplication of results by
> Kim. My understanding is that Google lists the number of results
> across all pages, then shows a subset of that number per your
> preferences set.
>
> Consequently, 'World' Google sees 2,000 more hits than 'Oz' Google.
> Neither sees 19+ million, though.
>
> Or am I missing something vital here? What are the 'hits' that
> you're referring to, Kim?

I have google set to show 50 results per page.  It says there are
394,000 pages and I assume each with 50 hits, the last page may of
course have less than 50.  That's why I did the multiply.  That is
right isn't it?

Actually I just realised that it says "English" pages because I have
restricted the language to English so there may be many more pages.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant

                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961