[LINK] Senator Coonan on 7:30 Report

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Tue Jun 19 14:34:38 AEST 2007

At 13:33 +1000 19/6/07, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>...Be more sceptical of my memory of geography. Just looked at a
>map, which of course is the last refuge of the vague-out ... would
>East-South-East sound more reasonable?

Ah, *that* way around.  North at the top always *was* so arbitrary.

Burbong Hill at 804m cf. 560m at the Museum might *just* be line of
sight.  The ridge to the north of that won't work because of 'Mt'
Pleasant (683m) over Duntroon, which is along the lake from the
Museum.

To the SE, maybe Faunce Hill at 805m or more likely Jerrabombera Hill
783m but a mere 13.5km away ...

Still pretty tricky to work out, but given that the bloke drives from
Bungendore to Canberra quite often, he'd know where literal 'line of
sight' is available.  Even *I* know there's a good view dropping off
the Ridgeway above Queanbeyan, but that's only 13km from the Museum.

Truth to tell, he's got a mate with a property high up in them thar hills.

Why don't we send him the thread and ask him!

Anthony.Goonan at yless4u.com.au, or fallback to support at yless4u.com.au

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong