[LINK] The ABC updates their web site

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Jun 20 08:49:53 AEST 2007

Ivan Trundle wrote:

> I suspect that designers all work from large, almost square (4:3)
> monitors, and neglect to consider either wide-screen, or even small
> monitors. To my uneducated eye, news sites index pages should have
> headlines on the left, most popular/top/breaking stories in a sidebar on
> either the far right or far left, and let the other material sit in the
> middle, or below.

A valuable tool for testing your site on various platforms, using various
browsers at many different screen resolutions is Browser Cam:

http://www.browsercam.com/

They give you a free 24-hr trial then it costs big bucks.
Probably something for a large web production house to use.

The 24-hr trial helped me solve a problem I had with style sheets
and MS-IE (which I never run and do not want a copy of). I could
also see what my web work looked like on Winders XP and Vista (which
I never run and do not want a copy of).

cheers
rickw