[LINK] The PLAN, and broadband speeds? - tome warning

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jun 22 15:26:59 AEST 2007

On 21/06/2007, at 3:41 PM, David Lochrin wrote:

>    Yesterday evening on the ABC 7:30 Report (?) a British Minister
> stated that China was probably now opening two coal-fired power
> stations PER WEEK and this is our problem as much as theirs - we
> buy the stuff their economy produces.

We want safeguards when we export uranium that it won't be used for
weapons purposes (which neglects that uranium is fungible). Maybe we
should demand safeguards on the exports of coal and required that the
bulk of the resulting CO2 does not go into the atmosphere.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au