[LINK] In other news....

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Jun 26 08:52:24 AEST 2007

Craig Sanders wrote:

> equally, if you don't ever buy their copyrighted work (whether you
> copy/use it or not), you are depriving them of the income they would
> have had if you had bought it.
>
> therefore, failure to consume is theft and should be punished by lengthy
> gaol sentences.

In an ideal capitalist society, I think you got a winner here, Craig.

   YOU WILL CONSUME
   YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
   RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I've made an effort over the past few years to consume only the basics
to sustain life and live a low-maintenance but comfortable lifestyle.
The dollar savings alone are amazing. And the benefits to the environment
from not having a car, not buying a new plasma screen, not running
a clothes dryer or dishwasher, etc.etc. are manifold.

On estimate I heard on RN the other day: it costs about $10,000 per
year (all things considered including depreciation) just to run
a car. I think I might spend $500/year on local and state transport.

cheers
rickw