[LINK] atheism

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Mar 2 08:12:27 AEDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 01:45:50AM +1100, Antony Barry wrote:

> On 28/02/2007, at 7:30 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
>
> >I particularly liked:
> >"Gods don't kill people, people with gods kill people"
> >and
> >"Atheists for Jesus"
>
> "Atheists Never Car-Bomb"
>

> Most of the suicide bombings have been done in Sri Lanka by Tamil
> Tiger atheists or so I have seen asserted,

that's because, contrary to what Bush & Howard & Co would have us
believe, terrorism is not about religion or about "hating the west",
it's *always* about occupation of land.

every single terrorist incident since at least the 1970s has been
directly a protest of or revenge for occupation of land.

even the inventors of modern terrorism (the zionists prior to 1948 -
who used terrorist bombings to agitate for the creation of the state of
israel) did what they did because they believed that the so-called "Holy
Land" belonged to them and they wanted the arabs, who had been living
there for as long as them, out.

religion may be used to encourage stupid young people to kill themselves
for the cause, but it's not an essential ingredient. patriotism or just
sheer desperation and hopelessness can be just as effective.

so, given that middle-eastern terrorism in particular is about the
occupation of palestine by israel (and support of same by the US and
allies), does it make any sense whatsoever to occupy another country in
the middle east?

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

Currently listening to: Shpongle - ...and the Day turned to Night

"Science has never sought to ally herself with civil power.
 She has never subjected anyone to mental torment, physical torment,
 least of all death, for the purpose of promoting her ideas."
         [John W. Draper (1811-1882) U.S. chemist]