[LINK] Digestible RFID Tag

Geoffrey Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Fri Mar 2 09:16:58 AEDT 2007

They mean digestible.

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/3100/1/1/
"The tag system outlined in the patent includes a tag comprised of at
least one antenna <javascript:OpenGlossary("antenna");>—which could be
made of digestible material such as encapsulated metallic liquids,
clays, or even liquids or gases—and an external transceiver
<javascript:OpenGlossary("transceiver");> that communicates with the tag
to read <javascript:OpenGlossary("read");> the RF signals. The tag would
document when a pill was digested because its antenna would also have
been broken down at the same time, thus destroying the tag's ability to
receive and transmit an RF signal."

BTW "Electronic Article Surveillance", as used in Kmart, is based on
different technology (typically 58Khz signal), and would not be affected
by RFID.

Reg
Geoffrey Ramadan