[LINK] atheism

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Mar 2 12:43:01 AEDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:10:57PM +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> Dawkins' argument is that faith is bad; that encouraging, praising and
> rewarding faith is anti-intellectual, anti-science, anti-knowledge and
> anti-human.

and also that religion occupies an undeserved position of intellectual
priviledge within society - i.e. nothing else has the priviledge of not
having to justify its pronouncements with proof or logic, and nothing
else gets an automatic seat on committees and boards to discuss issues
outside of their field (i.e. why are representatives of some religions
automatically included in, e.g., committees discussing stem-cell issues,
or drugs, or anything else).

they have a priviledged position in that they are taken far more
seriously than they should be entitled to due to the ludicrous things
that they believe in.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

Q: Why shouldn't I simply delete the stuff I never use, it's just taking up
   space?
A: This question is in the category of Famous Last Words..
		-- From the Frequently Unasked Questions