[LINK] US going digital TV in 2009

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Mon Mar 5 11:27:41 AEDT 2007

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> Talk about bewildering...  I went to their site and under PVR there are
> no less than 28 products, all with "MORE" links, so you're back and
> forth like a fiddler's elbow.  It would help if they put a comparison
> matrix together for dumbcluts like myself who know nothing about digital
> TV...

I purchased "toppy" from IceTV.com.au and also use their digital
TV guide product. IceTV modifies the toppy so that, in conjunction with
a wireless box, it can download the IceGuide from the IceTV website
and upload it into the PVR. The guide is usually available one week in
advance.

This makes programming the thing child's play. Scroll through the
guide and click on programs you wish to record.

The unit I have cannot transfer to DVD, but I can use FTP over the
wireless to connect to it using a PC and grab whatever I want to
save that way.

You can learn more about DTV at http://icetv.com.au. They have an
online forum for discussing DTV topics and the IceTV services in
particular.

cheers
rickw