[LINK] Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales at ed.au Events

Brendan Scott brendansweb at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 6 13:54:05 AEDT 2007

Liddy Nevile wrote:
> I love it - the way to democratise information (or knowledge if that is
> an object) is to charge people $300 to hear about it? mmmm...
>

> Liddy

?
I think the issue is whether once you learn or receive information you are subsequently under a restriction as to what you can do with it, not about the process of actually acquiring the information.

(Which, btw, is why I am very skeptical about the "access to knowledge" movement.  Since they don't seem to pay enough attention to the fact that use subsequent to access may still be a problem.)

Brendan