[LINK] Access your areas

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Mon Mar 12 14:14:25 AEDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 01:12:55PM +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> Not at all. If you don't want the rebate, you can pay the service
> provider the full amount, directly. I did this several times when I
> needed medical services in Australia while I was a non-resident. If
> you cover the whole bill yourself, you don't need a card.

if you're a resident tax payer, you're going to get one anyway - whether you
use it or not.

initially, that will be an option - to not use it and not carry
it. eventually, though, it will become mandatory to carry at all
times....with police being authorised to demand it AND to detain anyone
who wont or can't produce it.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

We use Linux for all our mission-critical applications.  Having the source code
means that we are not held hostage by anyone's support department.
		-- Russell Nelson, President of Crynwr Software