[LINK] Web to Set Tob Box video download the end of TV?

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Mar 19 09:36:53 AEDT 2007

Amazon is now offering digital videos by download onto TiVo Digital
Video Recorders (DVRs)
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2007/03/web-to-set-tob-box-video-download-end_15.html>.
Amazon keeps a record of what was bought and allows the user to
download it again (if they erase their hard disk).

The interface for PCs is much the same as for books on Amazon. I am
not sure what it looks like on a TiVo. Also I am not sure how well
this will sell. Amazon has had digital video download sales and
rentals for PCs for some time. I haven't exactly noticed a lot of
rentals or sales in my Amazon Associate's store.

It will be interesting to see what effect video downloads has on
Australia's limited broadband.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml