[LINK] Streaming TV Tests

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Thu Mar 29 08:32:22 AEST 2007

On 28/3/07 8:18 PM, "George Bray" <georgebray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please post results here on link.

very busy 1500/512 ADSL, very clear picture, no artifacts, almost zero
buffering, sound is full (ie. doesn't sound like they are talking through a
pipe) ... but I am hearing soft pops and crackles just under the sound
track. These pops seem to correlate with sound level (the BBC test has more
quiet pauses, and the pops don't appear there).

I can simul-stream 2 RTSP streams without glitches, starting the third
results in some buffering pauses, maybe the occasional artefact explosion
and stuttering sound.

Is it possible to prioritise the sound channel over vision?

e.