[LINK] offsite backup servers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun May 6 11:11:47 AEST 2007

Link Institute,

Do members have any thoughts on free/lowcost offsite backup storage
services? Here's one that's been recommended:
https://mozy.com/?ref=K3WC4K
Free 2GB, $5/mo for 50GB.

I have lots of extra space on my webhost that I'm already paying for,
but this mob says they have auto-backup processes. Are there any
software solutions to do the same to an alternate remote service with
ftp access? I'm thinking 'set and forget' style. I'm on XP, so Linux
type solutions aren't of interest.

Thanks,
Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005