[LINK] Aussie Drink or Die member handed to US on a plate

Alastair Rankine arsptr at internode.on.net
Sat May 12 07:37:56 AEST 2007

On 11/05/2007, at 8:33 PM, grove at zeta.org.au wrote:

> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/05/06/1178390140855.html
>
> This is absolutely disgraceful.    No matter what this man did, he
> did it under Australian law, as an Australian citizen, in his home
> land.
> He should be tried as an Australian, by the Australian system.

This assumes that his actions were covered by only one jurisdiction.
Surely in the case of intellectual property law it is possible to
violate in many jurisdictions at once?

I'm just asking that if he has violated US law, and we hold him, why
*shouldn't* he be extradited?

Is the fact that he is to be charged for intellectual property law
relevant? If so, why? What makes IP law so special as to be excluded
from extradition?