[LINK] VeriChip RFID Based Patient Identificaiton System

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 27 10:28:41 AEST 2007

Tony one-upped with:

> C'mon Stewart, you can do better than that. When you and I were boys
> we had steam radio and encyclopedia Brittanica salesmen (never
> women). Records went at 78rpm and shattered if you dropped them. The
> radio was a major piece of furniture playing the "Lawsons" and "Much
> Binding in the Marsh". After the ABC news delivered by very toffy
> British accents there followed "..crackle..pop.. This is London
> Calling..".
>
> Were you an Argonaut by any chance? I wasn't much to my uncle Keith
> Barry's <http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A130147b.htm>
> disappointment.

You might have had the life of material excess and frivolity, Tony, but my
family were fundamentalist Christians.  Radio was strictly censored (which
is why I had a crystal set under my bed)

The Argonauts, of course, were part of a pagan cult.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia