[LINK] Welcome to our new website

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed May 30 20:51:37 AEST 2007

At 08:21 PM 30/05/2007, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>Anybody any comments on the new Australian IT website?

I am not a regular, so can't comment. You made me look. :-) The
comments are interesting.

check this though:

http://australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,21756875-15422,00.html
Judge Says Keep it Simple, Stupid
ANANOVA reports that a judge trying an internet terror case stunned a
court by admitting he did not know what a website was.

Judge Peter Openshaw brought a halt to the trial as a witness was
being quizzed about an extremist web forum.

He told prosecutors at Woolwich Crown Court: "The trouble is I don't
understand the language. I don't really understand what a website is."

Prosecutor Mark Ellison tried to help the judge by explaining, but
Judge Openshaw, 59, admitted: "I haven't quite grasped the concepts."
Later he said he hoped a computer expert would give "simple" evidence
when called to the stand.

Judge Openshaw said: "Will you ask him to keep it simple? We've got
to start from basics."

[snip]

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005