[LINK] phone jammers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Nov 16 13:42:23 AEDT 2007

andrew clarke wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 04:27:47PM +1100, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>
>> I travelled by train in England last year. Many trains have a "no mobile
>> phone" carriage. It was blissful. And quite popular.
>
> Were SMS (text messages) allowed?  :-)

Yup.

> On suburban trains in Melbourne I'm more annoyed by people shouting to
> their friends right next to them, or by people slowly making themselves
> go deaf by having their MP3 player's headphones up so loud that I can
> pick the song  5 metres away.  Or the train robot announcing over the PA
> system what I alredy know ("arriving at... Richmond...") ...

Another euro incident. On a suburban train going to Cologne, someone had
their MP3 player blasting away to the annoyance of others in the carriage.
One of us asked the fellow to turn it down which he promptly did, probably
due to all the stares he was getting. I wonder if one would get a similar
ease of compliance here in Aus. Or would you risk a flood of verbal abuse
and possible violence, esp. late at night.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia.
      -- Charles Schultz