[LINK] OT: Need accommodation for my family - URGENT

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Oct 9 09:10:10 AEST 2007

At 08:20 AM 9/10/2007, Eric Scheid wrote:
>On 10/9/07 1:23 AM, "Skeeve Stevens" <skeeve at skeeve.org> wrote:
>
> >> [Adam is now living in his Karma]
>
> > 2) Get a job - scrub toilets if you have to - do what everyone else has to
> > do... get up every day and work for a living - no matter how bizarre you
> > are, I am sure you can get work doing something.

Yep applied for about 200 jobs a month.  No one seems very
interested, problem seems to be "the family" commitment, and having
to turn up to Court two or three times a week, or spending enough
time to actually prepare and research for a hearing.

If you know anyone who'll pay me $1200 a week to prepare my own court
case, I'll take the job.  Thanks for the great advice though.

Amazing how helpful people are with suggestions that both Suzanne and
I have explored, attempted or put to action with no success.  By all
means, we are both VERY OPEN for someone to take the time in the name
of humanity and show us how to improve our lives.

>For anyone in the web/it field, the pickings right now are incredibly good.

Yes, if you are 20 years old, have no family, live at home and can
work 20 hours a day seven days a week.

>Just in the last 5 days I pulled in enough to cover rent for 10 weeks.

Do tell me where - I've love to be back on that band wagon.  I've
been looking, my Job Network Member has bene looking and applying for
me - with no success.  EVen they can't understand why someone with my
huge range of skills, talents and background can't get any work locked down.

Even the Department of Education who are DESPERATE for MATHS and
SCIENCES teachers can't find my MATH and SCIENCE and COMPUTING
teacher qualified wife a job.  Weird innit.

Maybe we're suppose to live our life leeching off you via Centrelink
payments.  Hey it's not all that bad.  A 2 year road trip, to
rehabilitate our battered bodies and minds might just be what the
universe (or God for those of that theory) might be pushing us into.

I just love all the "If there is anything I can do to help please let
me know" types that when you say "Come and help us load a truck for
an hour" or "can you ask around and see if anyone has a holiday
house, a garage or some storage space" or whatever else is simple,
people come back with "Oh, sorry I'm a bit busy" or "don't know anyone."

Even offering $5 seems to be too much above "anything I can do" these days.

Put this in your diary- PREDICTION

Australian Economy Crashes, Baby Boomers have no cash income, try to
liquify assets at huge inflated prices, Gen X can't afford to buy
property and asset because income is so limited, jobs are hard to
secure and maintain, most jobs barely pay for the fuel, and food
necessary to turn up to work.

Gosh I actually hear already that people can't afford to get to work
after they pay their mortgage, car loan and basic foods.

5 years people.  Maybe 5-10, but I'm feeling much closer to 5
presently.  Especially give the rash of weird decisions being made in
the courts of late.  Weird cause NONE are based on any law, they are
base don what the Judge seems to think benefits the oldest party -
usually the baby boomer - or the Government.

Anyway Eric, before you go sprouting stupid comments (and you too
Skeeve of all people the Born Again Christian who changed his life -
your comment is far from Christian) I'd suggest you read some of the
transcripts and documents, and if you still agree with the opposing
party - well then the country is seriously doomed.