[LINK] OT: Election Dates

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Oct 12 09:54:55 AEST 2007

At 8:59 +1000 12/10/07, Ivan Trundle wrote:
>And those in the know tell me that the Governor General has, for the
>first time this year, no appointments on Sunday. Not just to get
>over the jetlag of his recent trip to Europe, either...

Dangerous.  Opens him to the criticism that much of the cost of next
week's Parliamentary sittings has already been expended, and he's
being just too desperate in his attempts to prise an opening in
Labor's unity facade.

Still, it'll be nice to get past the phoney war.  Even the
*pre*-campaign promises have racked up mega-billions in non-core
commitments.

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong