[LINK] Electioneering

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Oct 15 16:05:48 AEST 2007

On 15/10/07 3:47 PM, "Craig Sanders" <cas at taz.net.au> wrote:
> in short, organised advertising creeps benefit from the new technology
> at least as much as ordinary citizens...and probably a LOT more as they
> have the finances and resources to throw at it.

Isn't "organised advertising" just [groups of] "ordinary citizens"?

At what point does a group of people stop being "friends helping each other,
because they share a common aim" and becomes "organised political activity"?

Seems to me they're just arbitrary labels on one continuous spectrum.

Why should a larger group be penalised through additional regulations simply
because they happened to be more effective at getting their act together?
Isn't that just evolution / natural selection / democracy in action?

*ducks VERY far under the table* :)

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia