[LINK] City launches fingerprint payment program

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Wed Oct 17 02:37:04 AEST 2007

At 08:01 AM 16/10/2007, Kim Holburn wrote:
Huh?  I'm pretty sure that if you get the PIN wrong, the "wrong PIN
>message" comes back straight away, the connection to withdraw money
>takes some time.  It's more obvious with EFTPOS machines which often
>use phone lines and are quite slow.

Nope.  Whilst you are busy selecting your account (which the EFTPOS
machine has no idea about yet, but lets you select options anyway)
it's busy dialing away, getting ready to send data stream :)

Taking Money out is another step :)  ATMS are on an HDLC loop network
in most cases, so they are always online.  Shouldn't take long to
verify a PIN at the earliest point.