[LINK] postal vote oddity

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Fri Oct 19 11:25:53 AEST 2007

On 19/10/07 10:42 AM, "Karl Auer" <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> So my question: What do the parties get out of this? Sending the
> application is an excuse for more junk mail, it gets their message into
> the household. But what do they get out of forwarding postal vote
> applications?

In the US, in some electorates, there's a requirement that postal votes or
enrolments or some such be on a certain weight grade of paper ... and the
obvious dirty trick of sending out under-weight forms into enemy territory
was pulled by the usual suspects, thus nullifying their otherwise legitimate
contribution/participation.

I trust our system isn't as corrupted as that <ahem/> "bastion of freedom"

e.