[LINK] postal vote oddity

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Oct 19 19:07:58 AEST 2007

At 02:01 PM 19/10/2007, Daniel Rose wrote:
>Adam Todd wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of Voting oddity.
> >

> > I tried to register to vote as my address has changed.
> >
> > Well I don't have an address any more.
> >
> > The Electoral Office won't accept a "Null" address, nor will they accept
> > "Eagles Next Rest Area, on the F3 to Newcastle sometimes, if it's not
> > too wet" as an address.
> >

>There are other options than those you present.

A family member?  Um, we've just spent the last four years in court
with most of them and those that weren't in the court support "the
other side" and have NEVER approached me for "our side" of the
story.  So I figure that's out.

Friends?  What friends!  No one helped us move, no one helped us find
somewhere else to live, no one really cares so why would a "friend"
want to accept responsibility for my mail?

A PO BOX - you have to have a street address.  Besides that, driving
from Whoppie Do, to 2000 every few days kinda doesn't make collecting
the junk mail worth while.

Delivery to a Post Office - yeah but that's only good when you KNOW
you are going to be at one at a particular time.  If you pass on and
the mail doesn't arrive, what then?

Email is the only direct means we have of any form of
"communications" other than the telephone.  And half the time we have
no coverage anyway!

Open to explore other suggestions.  But really, I don't want to spend
$13 per 100 km's collecting my mail!

> > I guess the Government doesn't want "non" people like us to vote.  So
> > that's two less votes we have to worry about this year :)
> >

>While that's true, it's got nothing to do with your problem.

My problem is I can't vote because I don't have an electorate and I
can't enrole to vote because I don't have an address or "common place of abode"

> > I guess if you aren't a "resident" you can't vote.  If you don't have a
> > home to which they (Government) can come and break down your door, you
> > don't exist.
>
>Incorrect.
>
>Get the form from the AEC, then read it and fill it out.

I did.

>There is provision for the homeless; they are requested to draw a map.

I did, I drew a Map of Australia, how do I know where I'm going to be
tonight or tomorrow?

I can hardly sign the form saying I'm going to be in a specific place
when I know full well I won't be.  Not into fraud!