[LINK] Your AAP article re Digital

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Oct 21 15:28:33 AEST 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 10:50:56PM +1000, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Shaw Cable in Canada offers 5 Mb/s, 60 GB for about AUD $33/month.
> <http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Internet/>

Given that poor research is the theme I can't help but jump in here...

Shaw's 5Mb/sec deal is an _introductory offer_ and is thus not readily
comprable to standard pricing.

The full ongoing price of this product is CAD$40.95, or around A$48

> Rogers Telecom in Canada offers similar for about AUD $38/month.
> <http://www.rogers.com/>

Similar?  1Mbps is similar to 5Mbps?  (I'm presuming you're referring to
their "Lite" plan, which is C$32.95, and 1Mbps/128Mbps

These may well still be cheaper than you can get in Australia, but as I
said your theme was poor research...

  Scott.