[LINK] LED Backlight LCDs may save power

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Oct 31 17:35:38 AEDT 2007

At 05:18 PM 31/10/2007, Markus Buchhorn wrote:

>Not that rare, nor that expensive at the smaller end. Laptops from
>at least Sony, Toshiba and Samsung now offer these, as an "enhancing
>battery life" feature as well as "enhanced image quality".

I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but my cheapie ACER
goes to low brightness automatically when it's on battery power. I
can override it manually, but if I leave it at full bore, the battery
life goes down by half. I can also reduce it when on mains if I want.
The level can be set to whatever automatically if one wants a lower
level consistently.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Living, like writing, requires no wisdom. Only revising does. - Jim
Sollisch, Sept, 2007
'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005