[LINK] Monsoon settles with SFLC (was: Software Freedom Law Center files first US GPL infringement suit)

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Sep 25 12:02:01 AEST 2007

Monsoon's media release:

MONSOON MULTIMEDIA TO COMPLY WITH GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

Monsoon to Publish Modified BusyBox Source Code to Publicly Accessible
Website

2007-09-24
San Mateo, CA

Monsoon Multimedia today announced efforts to fully comply with the
GNU General Public License (GPL). Monsoon is in settlement
negotiations with BusyBox to resolve the matter and intends to fully
comply with all open-source software license requirements. Monsoon
will make modified BusyBox source code publicly available on the
company web-site at http://www.myhava.com in the coming weeks.

"Since we intend to and always intended to comply with all open source
software license requirements, we are confident that the matter will
be quickly resolved," said Graham Radstone, Chairman and Chief
Operating Officer at Monsoon Multimedia.

About Monsoon Multimedia

Monsoon Multimedia provides advanced, standards based multimedia
products and technologies for the PC and Consumer Electronics
industries.  Monsoon licenses highly optimized multimedia solutions
comprising applications, drivers, frameworks, middleware and reference
designs. Our customers and partners are semiconductor companies, PC
manufacturers, software suppliers and consumer electronics
companies. Founded by the founders of Dazzle and Emuzed, the company
is headquartered in Noida, India with offices in California and
Russia. For more information, please visit
http://www.monsoonmultimedia.com.