[LINK] ADSL now available!

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Thu Sep 27 17:08:29 AEST 2007

   Yesterday I received an expensively produced publication in a sealed plastic bag entitled "An important message from the Prime Minister about internet safety".

   Recently I received a publication from the Minister for Communications where she was delighted to inform me that ADSL was now available in this Regional Area, thanks to Government efforts.  A neighbour rang to ask if I'd received one too - both of us have perfectly functioning ADSL, in my case for two years at this address, and he intended to send his back with an appropriate note.  I'm afraid I couldn't be bothered.

   I assume this is meant to impress anyone who doesn't have an Internet connection and doesn't know any better.

   However I am beginning to see red about the avalanche of Liberal Party election advertising thinly disguised as "public interest" material which Howard is funding with public money.  TV is saturated with the stuff, and now my mailbox too.

   Linkers with a ribald sense of humour might like to peruse http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=342536 on the subject of NetNanny.

D.