[LINK] eBay Security Advice

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Fri Sep 28 08:37:49 AEST 2007

Rick despaired:

> Craig Sanders wrote:
>
> > HTML in email is wrong, anyway.
>
> It's a continuous and losing battle I'm afraid.
>
> Have you tried to explain to lusers / clients / family /
> friends / illiterati just why HTML in email is evil? All I
> get is a blank stare. Security?
> Who cares. Compromised Windows box? I have nothing to hide or to lose.
>
> I've pretty well given up evangelising against HTML in email.

Keep up the fight, Rick.

One of my responsibilities is to lecture incoming staff on ICT matters,
and one of the things I ask them to do is to set their e-mail to plain
text. I explain the security issues and tell them that many people block
incoming HTML mail because of it's potential to carry malware.

If one in 100 hears the message I consider it a win.

Fred