[LINK] RFI: OpenID

Jon Seymour jon.seymour at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 23:14:12 AEST 2008

Isn't the major difference between Open ID and Passport that there is
no central authentication authority - users (as opposed to service
providers) get to choose which authentication service they wish to
use? The nice thing about Open ID is that if you don't trust anyone
else to act as your authentication service, you (or agents you manage
directly) can act as your own.  This seems quite different in
principle to systems like Passport.

jon seymour.