[LINK] Age: 'Reserve Bank could scuttle eBay's plans'

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed Apr 23 11:09:02 AEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Roger Clarke wrote:
>
>> Reserve Bank could scuttle eBay's plans
>> The Age
>> Asher Moses and Jacob Saulwick
>> April 22, 2008 - 2:00PM
>> http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/reserve-bank-could-scuttle-ebays-plans/2008/04/22/1208742915911.html
>
> [SNIP]
>

>> Alastair MacGibbon, eBay's trust and safety director, said the announcement
>> was designed to protect users as one is four times less likely to have a
>> problem on eBay if one pays using PayPal than with other methods.
>
> Can we do something to make SPIN illegal?
> Outright lying like this is an insult to all who read it.
>
> Fess up MacGibbon ... you are consolidating your income vectors
> and maximising profit, which is your job.

What ebay does not tell you, is that if you have funds in Paypal
and your acct is frozen for any reason, wave goodbye to your funds
as you will be put onto a theme park ride of spin as they find new
and exciting ways to keep you from accessing your account.

My Credit Union will not authorize deposits to Paypal from my account
as they make the point that Paypal is not a bank.

My experiences with ebay has been quite good until recently, but
they are marketing to the wrong person if they want me to use Paypal.

http://www.screw-paypal.com/international_pages/australia.html

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html