[LINK] [UK] OGC unveils new logo to red faces

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Wed Apr 30 10:57:22 AEST 2008

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> Maybe that's why the Australian government, via Dr Peter Shergold,
> de-branded all its departments years ago. It's safer and cheaper.

[snip]

> Instead, it has generated howls of mirth and what is likely to be a
> barrage of teasing emails from mandarins in other departments.
>
> According to insiders, the graphic was already proudly etched on
> mousemats and pens before it was unveiled for employees, who spotted the
> clanger within seconds.

I think the staff have too much time on the hands and not enough to do.

I strained to see what justified the mirth and merriment and I suspect
the 'dirty minds' of the past are the 'cesspits' of the present.  Is
this what a liberal culture produces?  Not sure of the value proposition
if it is.

cheers
brenda
--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Chairman Pearcey Foundation, SA Committee www.pearcey.org.au
Immediate Past Chairman ACS SA Branch www.acs.org.au/sa

*Produced by Ubuntu and Mozilla Thunderbird*