[LINK] basicfraud

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sun Aug 3 01:59:41 AEST 2008

This has got to be one of the more bizarre SPAM emails I have
ever seen. Not selling anything except ideas, I suppose.
It turned up on the SLUG mailing list.

The website itself is pretty badly put together, most of the content
being PDF files.  <http>//www.basicfraud.com/>

But I certainly had a hoot following some of the links and diving
into local conspiracies involving Australia's sovereignty or
lack thereof and the global conspiracies of war and human depravation.

My brain now sufficiently hurts after reading this kind of stuff
that I must return to normal programming.

I've written to the website itself. They were taken in by Neville's
fake "John Howard's Apology" as documented here:

<http://www.smh.com.au/news/breaking/government-shuts-howard-spoof-site/2006/03/17/1142098638843.html>

Contrary to the concept of free speech (which doesn't really exist
in this country under any protection by any law), Neville's site
was unceremoniously taken down by the gummint. Not in the least bit
ironic considering the tone of basicfraud.com.

Snippet from the SPAM follows ...

Basic Fraud wrote:

> I am not sure who is responsible or instrumental in developing this website,
> BUT they should be hailed as National Heroes!
>
> www.basicfraud.com
>
> "ALL that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men DO NOTHING!"
> (EDMUND BURKE)
>
> "When GOOD people in ANY country cease their vigilance and struggle, then
> evil men prevail!" (PEARL S. BUCK )

cheers
rickw