[LINK] Google now 70% of US search engine users

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Thu Aug 14 11:20:56 AEST 2008

On 14/08/2008, at 11:04 AM, Martin Barry wrote:

> Actually, what is probably more interesting is the default page the
> browsers
> ship with and how many users stick with it.

It is pretty staggering when you try to look into this aspect of
browser user behaviour. I'm constantly staggered that many internet
users that I talk to are unaware that they can change the default
starting location.

Taking this a step further, what impact does it have on browser user
behaviours if a Google search box appears before anything else? Would
be interesting to gauge how many people type URLs into the URL bar, or
simply use Google to give them a two-step process to find and go to
the URL.

It surprises me that outside of a corporate environment (where home
pages are often set to the business portal or home page) that this is
so commonplace.

Martin: if you do find any metrics, I'd be interested to peruse them
myself...

iT
--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742
skype: callto://ivanovitchk