[LINK] Google now 70% of US search engine users

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Aug 14 15:04:46 AEST 2008

On 2008/Aug/14, at 11:20 AM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> It is pretty staggering when you try to look into this aspect of
> browser user behaviour. I'm constantly staggered that many internet
> users that I talk to are unaware that they can change the default
> starting location.

A lot of people I know set google to their home page even if they
don't  know to change their search bar default.  The other day I was
trying to change someone's default search engine on their search bar
in IE, (it was a version of IE with a search bar and tabs, don't know
which one), and somehow it was impossible to change the default to
google.  A good trick if you're a monopoly.  I wonder how many people
are really stuck with MSN as default search bar engine or whatever it
is MS wants you to use.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant