[LINK] site seeing

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Aug 15 22:10:06 AEST 2008

Kim writes,

> I often find that using google applied to a site (site:example.com for
> instance) gives me a much better and more flexible search in the site
> than whatever internal engine the site has itself, and without having
> to learn some totally new search syntax. Kim IT Network and Security
> Consultant kim at holburn.net  aim://kimholburn

Yes so do I. Google can show you a whole web address more clearly than
the web site may itself. Just for eg, typing 'site:melbpc.org.au +email'
into Google locates all the melbpc domain's available websites variously
to do with the subject 'email' then googles them in a nicely balanced way.

Google finds ALL (i imagine) 829 pages, first PDFs and Docs having 'email'
as frequent text-content, and high Google hit-rates/link-rates of popular
melbpc groups with specific 'email' mentions also first .. a fine balance.

A great Google resource:   site:whatever.any +whatever

Cheers people
Stephen Loosley
Victoria, Australia

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server