[LINK] AIIA raises concerns on Tanner and Conroy blog

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Thu Dec 11 12:40:56 AEDT 2008

On 10/12/2008, at 10:37 PM, Brendan Scott wrote:

> I suspect it has more to do with the fact that if government makes
> policy based on talking directly to citizens, then the AIIA has
> less reason to exist.

After all government shouldn't listen to ordinary simple people when
there are organisations made up of experts who can give far more
cogent advice.

Maybe it should work that way with the franchise too. Hmmm... votes
only for male heads of households over thirty and less than 70 with a
least an honours degree and who have passed a government approved
citizenship test.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659  | mailto:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 3365 2400  | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au