[LINK] AIIA raises concerns on Tanner and Conroy blog

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Dec 15 08:21:41 AEDT 2008

At 09:02 AM 12/12/2008, Jenny Millea wrote:
>Tom, in our submission to the consultation about the consultation
>blog, education.au ...

Sounds interesting, but where is the submission? I found several
mentions of it with a web search, but couldn't find the actual
submission. AGIMO only seem to have provided summaries of the
submissions in PDF and MS-Word format, which seems to miss the point
of the exercise with "online" consultation.

>... arm's length to government ... clear and explicit processes
>...  Manage expectations ... ongoing outreach activities  ...

Why should that be done for online consultation, if it isn't done
normally? Where are  the official procedures for government
consultation? Can't we just slip a section about on-line consultation
into them?

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University